What is address verification and why do we need it?
Address verification is required to confirm your place of residence. It’s optional and required to make use of certain bank transfer services (SEPA/Wire Transfer) and be able to use payment systems requiring verification.
What documents does EXMO accept for address verification?
- Bank Statement.
- Utility bill.
- Tax documents.
- A document confirming your address issued by local authorities
- Court documents
The document confirming your address must be not older than 3 months and should clearly display your full name and home address.
How to successfully pass address verification?
1. To verify your address, select the “Account Verification” section, using the drop-down menu, located in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. On the next screen, locate ”Address Verification” and click on “Get started”.
Address Verification Steps
Address verification consists of the following two steps:
1. To verify the address, you need to fill in details of your city name, ZIP code, home address, issuing country and date of issue.
2. Upload documents that confirm the information submitted as part of the previous step.
- Only documents with information in Latin or Cyrillic characters are accepted.
- All scanned copies or photographs of documents must comply with the following instructions:
- Only JPG, PNG and PDF formats are accepted.
- Only coloured copies are accepted.
- Documents should not be edited using any editing software.
- The size of a file should be between 200KB and 8MB. All document details should be clearly visible.
Upon finishing the data upload, please click “Finish” and then you will see the following message.
It means that everything is alright and your data is being processed. It usually takes from 20 minutes to 2 hours, but, please note that according to rules, it may also take up to 24 hours.
Is it necessary to wet stamp documents?
A wet seal is only required for bank statements. However, we also accept electronic bank statements.
Why can’t I use my residence permit (household registration) for verification?
To verify an address, you must submit one of the documents listed above. The document must clearly confirm your address and be not older than 3 months. A residence permit is not on the list.